Sefrou Association for Multidisciplinary Arts, SAMA is a non-for-profit, independent arts and culture organisation based in the heart of Sefrou, Morocco. Founded autonomously by a group of multidisciplinary members SAMAs mission is to co-create a cultural and arts movement in Sefrou’s old city, all the while engaging local, national and international communities.
SAMA is currently running a short-term Project titled Sho’la / Spark. Elements combine to create a cohesive proposal for a community project and the inaugural phase of a site-specific public art route in and around the Sefrou medina. This community arts project involves the co creating of a theatre piece with Sefrou youth that will be presented in the heart of the old city of Sefrou, interlinking with a previously executed mural. With the support of SAMA, its strong medina relationships and community facilitators Project Sho’la includes community engagement workshops and collectively exploring Sefrou’s multicultural heritage. Education and Community Outreach manuals are being created parallel to the project’s execution.
Office Manager – Role Description :
SAMA is excited to announce that we are currently seeking a reliable and highly responsible individual with superior written and verbal communication skills (English essential) to join our team. This is a key position in our organization. The Office Manager will work in a creative and expansive environment that encourages independence and professional practices. There are a range of duties and responsibilities, offering a unique and fulfilling position to the right candidate. An open mind to all cultural and art forms is an asset.
This is a temporary, 5 -day a week position with the possibility of continuation.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Administration and management of SAMAs office (located in the Sefrou medina) including all aspects of day-to-day office operations, systems and activities.
- Supervision of communication systems.
- Translation of internal and external documents.
- Management and support for all aspects of organizing and facilitating guest visits and artist, including greeting and orientation of guests, and occasionally facilitation of meetings.
- Interpretation in formal meetings may also be required.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills and excellent English and formal Arabic is essential.
- Strong computer skills and good working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Previous successful work experience with a team.
- Excellent time management skills, including ability to work both independently as well as a cohesive and friendly member of a team. Must be able to prioritize effectively, work well under pressure at times, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work effectively independently as well as a part of a team are essential requirements for this position.
- Discretion, diplomacy, and cultural and political sensitivity.
Period of contract: The contract is for two-months, February and March, 2022 with the possibility of extension.
- Work with a motivated team in an inspiring environment.
- Contribute to a project aiming at social, economic ad environmental impact in the medina of Sefrou.
- Gain capacity development in cultural management and arts administration.
Work Schedule: 5 full working days per week. 2 days are to executed in SAMAs office in Sefrou’s medina and 3 days-a-week maybe carried out remotely.
Salary: Graded by skills set
Application deadline: 29th January, 2022
Send an e mail of intention and an up-to-date C.V. to Jess Stephens at email@example.com